- We are currently looking for a few actors for the play “Butterscotch”, by Barbara L. Smith
A full length play, Dramatic Comedy, featuring 3m, 2f
- The play will be presented at various local venues.
Winner! New England New Play Competition and Festival.
- Butterscotch is a candy yellow 1947 Ford at the center of an unlikely friendship between a New York restaurant critic and a man who loves roadside diners. The critic has come to a small Pennsylvania town to persuade his fiancee's father to attend their wedding in New York. The bride, a news correspondent off on assignment, has not even told her cantankerous, ailing father she is getting married. Adding to the bucolic fray are an elderly neighbor who has her fading eyesight on the widowed father, dad's hunting buddy and a nervous ex-New Yorker whose condo ruined a favorite hunting spot. Father and future son in law share only a dislike for each other, but the vintage car brings about a surprising end to a seemingly hopeless impasse
- LINCOLN PRICE - 40's, New York restaurant critic
EMERY BAER - mid-70's, a rural, unpretentious senior
ROSE "PENDY" PENDERGRASS - also 70-ish, Emery's loveable neighbor
BOB SILER - about 40, friend of Emery's
MITZI KELLER - 30's, another New Yorker
The play will be directed by Tom Novotny and performed at various locations around town as part of our outreach program.
- We are always looking for talented performers to participate in our ongoing outreach program that performs a variety show at various locations throughout the year. The show includes songs, skits, readings, poetry, and anything else that is entertaining! Those involved would not need to be available all of the time. The show will change as needed. If you are interested in this, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- If you'd like to sign up to get e-mail alerts for upcoming auditions, fill out the form here.
- For more information and to indicate your interest in directing, please e-mail us at JDG@jolietdramaguild.org.
If you are interested in being a part of any production, you can always send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for people willing to help! If behind the scenes is more to your liking, we are always looking for production personnel for any show as well.!
Visit here again for audition information regarding our upcoming shows.
or contact us at email@example.com.